Friday, April 30, 2010

Team Loyalty and Love

I've never played a team sport before, in school I was a fast runner so track was my thing. But that was 30+ years ago. I hadn't skated since my early teens and then it was the outside tomboy stuff...
Then I heard about Roller Derby, I went to the first two Bouts and was a HUGE fan!! I thought I was to old, (I'm 49) But, by the second Bout I couldn't stand it, they announced tryouts and I wanted to play...I found some 80's skates on Craigs List for $40 and was at Skate World 4 nights a week practicing for two weeks before tryouts and made the League.
I was obsessed...that was all she wrote...I love Roller Derby.
Then I got Drafted to the Flat Track Furies. That's when the most amazing part came into play...I don't even know if I can find the words to describe it:
Highlight of my life?
I'll never forget it?
Extreme
Intense
Fullfilling
Happiness


It's called Team Loyalty and Love and it is indescribable..Thank you ECRG and Thank you Furies I LOVE YOU!!

Drive-by.45

1 comment: