Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Love Letter


Darrah-lict here! I am ready to start partially severing my derby ties to make room for the next amazing new experience, becoming a mom! But now that I come to it I realize how profoundly derby has affected my life and I am grieving this loss.

I joined the league in May 2007 having not skated since I was a preteen. Team Cizzle became the Flat Track Furies. I started out as a blocker and in my second season unexpectedly blossomed into jamming. I joined the travel team and became a team captain (blah, blah). Derby fosters growth; teaches leadership, confidence, and tolerance; creates amazing friendships, and women become athletes! I am most thankful for the constant companionship of top notch women and the friendships that have developed over the years.

Dear Furies and Skatesaphrenics,
Thanks for so much darn fun! I LOVE roller skating with you tough wenches. Thanks for helping me become a better person. Thanks for letting me be your captain. GRATITUDE AND LOVE to you!

-Peace Out-

No comments:

Post a Comment