Monday, December 19, 2011

Meet the Furies: Sugar Hooker


Real Name: Shayla Nicole Johnson

Number: 54

Position(s): Blocker/Pivot and the occasional Jammer. Haha!

Number of years skating: Going on 4 years

What brought you to derby? I love skating and the full contact sport was just what I needed!

What do you do for a living? Graveyard supervisor in an assisted living facility

If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be? Trustworthy.

Where did you go to high school? Good ol' Yoncalla High School

How old are you? 27

Favorite TV show? Oh man! Love Dexter, the Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy. The list goes on!

Favorite midnight snack? Effing Doritos!

Favorite book? Was never much of a reader until about a year ago and fell in love with The Hunger Games trilogy and the books from The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

What is your bout day ritual? I try to not think about the game and just stay chill! I do my war face and pee a hundred times before I leave my house cause I don't like to pee after I get all dressed.

What's your biggest accomplishment? Being a mother for sure is my best accomplishment. She is someone that does not judge and is happy no matter what I do in life.

What's your favorite non-derby sports to play or watch? I grew up playing softball. I hate to watch it but love to play!

Assuming you don't get injured, will you be playing derby 5 years from now? One of the hardest things since starting derby is when to call it quits. I just don't know how to say no to playing the best sport in the world.

What qualities make a great derby player? Being determined and tough. You can't play derby and be a sissy! And you must work well with others.

What advice would you give someone interested in playing derby? If you want a sport to play for years to come that kicks your ass all the time and keeps you challenging yourself, and if you want to meet the most amazing chicks and have the time of your life then derby might be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment